Monday, January 17, 2022

It's Weird

It's weird
You know
Sifting through my past
Pages and pages
Of relationships
That didn't last
Triumphs 
Failures
Letters to myself
Letters to my kids
Even letters to men

Me thinking
I should be better off
Now, than then
In some ways I am
In others
Not at all
I don't think

Those years
I didn't drink
I was in so much pain

The years
When I did
I was in so much pain

I'm looking for something
I realize
Some sort of clue
Some sort of offering
A pathway
Or directive
Where to go
What to do

I'm grasping
But not at straws
More like
The hope
In those moments
I pause
The realizations
I soon forget
The happiness
I sometimes regret

I'm looking for Mee
That common thread
The girl
Turned woman
Then back to a girl
In these moments
My world starts to swirl
I lose my balance
My faith
My direction
I lose my heart
My mind
My connection

I'm looking for Mee
Glimpses of she
The woman
I must 
Have thought I could be
Because otherwise
I wouldn't be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment