Sunday, January 30, 2022

Day Thirty: Undated Sketchbook Poem

Couldn't find anything for January 30 through the years so here's an undated poem which was definitely ripped out of a sketchbook at some point.  

It means
Everything
To me
When you look 
At me
With that expression
Words
Could never touch
That look
Which means so much
Without you
Having to say anything
Yet I 
Shy away
From interpreting too much
As much
As I 
Try to tell you
With my touch
My fingers
Play upon your torso
They tell you
How I'm so glad
I found you 
Or you found me
Whichever
It just feels
Meant to be
And I cherish
Every moment
And do my best
To show it
My appreciation 
Knows no bounds
Though to you
Maybe my words
Sound

Tired
And used
And insincere
But if ever
A word
Had power
And truth
And honesty
I'd give it all
To these next few words:

I'd be so different
If I'd never met you
I'd be worse off
Without you in my life
I don't know how to say things
Often when I'm near you
But I tell you everything
Even though I fear you
Will up and walk away someday
Leaving me with words to say
And no one to say them to

No comments:

Post a Comment