Friday, January 21, 2022

Day Twenty-One: Undated Sketchbook Drawing (I think 2008-2009 but not positive)

 In lieu of posting yet another 2012 entry, here is an undated sketchbook drawing/poem.


Alone again
I lament 
all I ever wanted
I seem to be chasing away
when all I really want
is to be his baby
for just one more day
And I've loved before
but never did I let go
and now that I'm about to
I just feel lost inside.

I don't know
if it's fear
I don't know
if it's pride
But he's everywhere
my thoughts go
and boy is that a ride.

All I can see are my shortcomings
and that keeps me away
from all I could ever be
It keeps me away from forever
though that's what I wish this could be
I wish I could see the beauty
through my own eyes
but all I see
are saggy tits and flabby thighs
and that's just the superficial shit.

If I dig deeper
I can guarantee
Anyone would agree
This girl
Is
Not
A
Keeper.

Sometimes I feel
it's an impossible puzzle
to distinguish what's real
from what's in my mind.
I can only say with certainty
"I really love you"
and then just hope
he responds in kind.

There are days
he wipes my tears
and says everything's going to be okay
But there are days I get upset
and he walks away.

I was a sad story
waiting to be written.
A tragic tale
taking shape
before your eyes.





No comments:

Post a Comment