Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Day Twenty-Five: Undated and Unfinished Sketchbook Poem (Probably 2008-2009 but not really sure).

                                     
Words upon a page
In a conceptual age
All I fear within a cage
An exception is made
The concept is one as old as time
An old design
A way to grow
From a single line
To a complex rhyme
It's all just a matter of time
What's yours 
In mine
What's mine
Is that which returns to me
After I've set it free.

Let's depart from our usual imagery
And reach out conceptually
To all that was never meant to be
But is, now
Which I realize
Is arguably
Fate itself
But I don't know 
How to reconcile
Free will
And predetermination.

So I return
To my conceptualization.

There's a path we walk
And though sometimes
I want to run
Or perhaps
Return to the spot
Where something special once begun
I continue to walk
Even where it all grows dark
I know soon enough
I'll see the sun
Because I found in me
The woman
Who doesn't need to hide
From anyone 
Not even
Herself

And that's the greatest wealth
I've known in my lifetime
For I never thought
I'd find the place
Where I could be comfortable
With me
And begin to see the light
That chases shadows
From deep within
And allows me to believe
Again
And proves to me I
Never need
To hide
Or even pretend
Because the authentic Mee
Is all I ever need to be

I found true love and he set me free
Which was an entirely
New concept for me
Freedom from all the fears
Which had been controlling me
And keeping me from seeing
The beauty inside
Within
Without which
I had been living
An ugly life
I wasn't worthy of being
Anyone's wife
I actively sought out strife...

No comments:

Post a Comment