Monday, January 17, 2022

Day Seventeen: 01/17/2021

 8:00 pm
Intentions

Sometimes
When you've been taken
It's hard
To find the strength
To give

The world
Feels depleted
Right now
Our country
In particular

The virus
Took our health
The politicians
Took our trust
The systemic racism
Took our peace of mind

So now is when
We find the beauty
We find the helpers
We let love
Fill us up
And we give
All that goodness
Back to our community

And so
From this place of emptiness
I make the intention
To fill my cup with love
With kindness
With graciousness
With gratitude

And as I fill myself
With this beautiful side
Of being human
I make the intention
To return it
To every place
There is a void
To everyone
Who needs a refill

I will remind
Myself and others
That every new day
Can be more beautiful
Than the last
And every moment
Can change the course
Of our story
If we maintain strength enough
To steer it toward the light

No comments:

Post a Comment