Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Day Four: 01/04/2008

This is me
Opening up
I'm always
Protecting
My inner me
Except online
Where I allow
One to see
The thoughts
I feel
But lack
The strength
To say
I've no gift 
For communication
Any
Other
Way

But here
I am 
Getting
Out of my head
All
That is always
Left unsaid
Not to mention
How I bare
My broken parts
For anyone to see
But I have always
Loved
From the inside out
Yet
I fight to keep
The outside
From coming in
So if one
Were to come
To know me
From the inside out
Perhaps
I could allow myself
To let them
Come in
So
This is me
Opening up

I'm so sorry
I've been afraid
All these years
Petrified 
Really
I've been absent
Because 
By being present
I give you
The option
To reject me
And I've always
Feared rejection
Like at any moment
Even now that I'm grown
I stand to be dismissed
No longer considered
Your own
It could be the adoption
Or a deeper seated issue
But
I think
I've missed you
All these years

No comments:

Post a Comment