Friday, February 11, 2022

Day Forty-Two: Undated Random Poem from a Stack of Notebook Paper I Stapled at the Top

 Apparently February 11 is not a day I am inclined to journal or write poetry.  😂

If I 
Could avoid
The world
I probably would
I mostly have
In fact
And I 
Find myself
In moments
Entangled
In situations
I can't avoid
Or didn't
And I don't know
How to handle
Myself
I would have 
Liked
To disappear
Again
(I would have
Loved
To disappear
Again)
But I'm rooted
Down 
Now
And don't have
The freedom
I once had
And at times
I can taste it
And I wander
The city
Looking for
A patch of dirt
To become
A tiny bit
Grounded
And it eludes me
All that
I think
I am looking for
And it's obvious
To others
To everyone
Possibly
But to me
It's beyond
Comprehension
And I just
Want
Out of here
Maybe for a moment
Maybe for all time
I just don't 
Know
Anymore
But I steal
Moments
Of yours
Or perhaps
We just share them
And it makes me
Feel better
About pretty much
Everything
But mostly
Myself.
I can 
Shake it off
Near you
Let it go
Find peace
Because it surrounds you
I don't know how
You do it
But you do
And perhaps
I thought
I needed
More than that
But I don't
Not in
This moment
Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment