Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Day Forty: 02/09/2019

I can't remember if I've posted one of these entries before.  I sometimes grab a stack of books I am actively reading or these Dalai Lama cards I have with quotes on them and then write about whatever came to mind after reading it.

 02/09/2019

    Writing exercise time again.  My mind at dis-ease.  I will start with the Dalai Lama this time.

    "Joyful Exertion.  The elements of earth, water, fire, air and space are never exhausted but always present.  The bodhisattva says, "In the same way any sentient beings depend on the elements for their life, so may I always sustain them."

    So...I am not actually sure what to make of this one.  Perhaps I should be working toward becoming a bodhisattva, but I feel too far from enlightenment to imagine that.  I look forward to revisiting this card in the future from a new place.

    I will ask Samurai to pick a page in "Jacob's Room."  Well, she chose page five..."She had forgotten the meat.  There was Rebecca at the window."

    Pulling random phrases out of a book is much different than the Dalai Lama cards or the "Art of Peace" passages.  Still, the first sentence of that makes me think of how I lose sight of what's important when I get lost in nuance.  Caught up on my imperfections, I neglect to see the value and beauty within.  Neglecting to see and tap into that, I allow ugliness and pain and disorder to enter into my life.  The second sentence makes me think of a child, watching at the window.  So here I am, focusing on unimportant and insignficant details, and the children watch and learn.  My unconscious behaviors affect theirs.

    Now page 5 from "Art of Peace".

    "All things, material and spiritual, originate from one source and are related as if they were one family.  The past, present, and future are all contained in the life force.  The universe emerged and developed from one source, and we evolved through the optimal process of unification and harmonization."

    Funny, it doesn't feel like we're so evolved.  What even is the optimal process of unification and harmonization for humans?  Is it love?  I don't know what else it could be...


No comments:

Post a Comment