Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Day Fifty-Four: 02/23/2009 and 02/23/2021

02/23/2009


I'm just a person
And I'm glad to be me
Though I'm not always happy
And I'm not always free
There often come times
When it's hard to see
The strength and progression
Of that person I call me
But it's amazing how life
Can produce just what we need
When you're stumbling and falling 
And likely to bleed

I'm just a person
And I'm happy to be me
Though I'm not always smart
And I don't always see
But that's why I have friends
Who are so dear to me
Their wisdom and their love
Will often set me free
Yes it's amazing how love
Can show you the way
When it's dark and it's dangerous
And you're running away

I'm just a person
But I'm ecstatic to be
The light and the love
That you brought out in me
I'm shining like a star
In the desert night sky
I'm higher than the boldest eagle
Ever dared to fly
Damn it's amazing how someone
Can open your eyes
When you've closed 
And you've shut them
And dared the world
To let you die


 02/23/2021
@8:42 pm

"You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?" -Rumi

    All perspectives are necessary for blance.  Crawling teaches one to learn from the ground, and flying teaches one to learn from the air.
    
    Also, I believe my wings were clipped when I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment