Thursday, February 10, 2022

Day Forty-One: 02/10/2012 and 02/10/2019

 02/10/2012

    Wisdom is not knowledge of words written upon a page.  It is knowledge of the truth, etched upon your heart.  As I read of the wisdom of others, my heart shines with the understanding of many truths.  I wake-up this morning with this thought in my head, and a heart that is light and happy.  And, it's Friday.  Even better.

02/10/2019
8:08 a.m.

I struggle
I struggle
I seek
I strive
for self-love
Why?
So my love
for you
Will be
Unimpeachable

But
The struggle is real
Sorting through
42 years
Of not knowing
How to feel
My unexamined life
Looms large
And insurmountable

The struggle 
Is real
The urge to run
Perpetually overcome
Just to stay
In a place of discomfort
A cage
Of my own design
So I work
To retrain my mind
To read freedom
Within the confine

I seek
Solace
And peace
You respond
With your
Emotional
Sledgehammer
I communicate poorly
Take too long to see
All that you already know
I want to just go
I want
To just
Go

But 
I strive
To do better
To be better
Knowing
I may not
Beat my expiration
Knowing
The sledgehammer blows
Will keep coming
Knowing
I am not prepared for this

Why?

So my love for you
Will be unimpeachable
Even after
Your love for me
Expires.

No comments:

Post a Comment