Monday, April 11, 2022

Day One Hundred One: 04/11/2020

This is from a writing prompt which was a painting of a slim black woman with the top half of her face clouded from eyes up with a multi-colored cloud.  I wish I could find the picture.  I will continue to look for it.

04/11/2020
Later than before

Told
To keep my
Feet
On the ground
Find my
Head
In the clouds
And I
Marvel
At the colors
In the sky
Wondering
Why
I should ever
Come down
From up here
My feet
Look rooted
Firmly planted
But the ground
It's hard
And
From where I stand
The land
Is divided
And my soil
Is kept separate
From that
Which is provided
Precious resources
Nutrients
Knowledge, even

And down there
On the ground
A quiet rage
Eats
At my rib cage
Threatening
To destroy
My joy

But up here
With my head
In the clouds
I can see farther
Than the fences
And walls
Territorial cages
Passed down
Through the ages
Of ignorance
And bloodlust
Fear and distrust
Colonization
And conquest

I want to ingest dreams
Until I burst at the seams
Dissolve opposing teams
See everyone
Act as kings and queens
Of noble lands
Joining hands
To uplift the masses
So everyone can view
This multicolored hue
The rainbow skies
Which dissolve the lies
And reveal
The truth inside

My truth
Is inside
Reflected
By each of you
The beauty
And ugliness too
But what I see
Influences
Who I choose to be
So
I see your beauty,
Love
And I embrace
You
Won't you come
Share
The view
From up high?

No comments:

Post a Comment