Friday, March 4, 2022

Day Sixty-Three: Undated Old Poem "Perpetual Emotion"

I couldn't do it another day in a row.  The content of my early March entries thus far is trash.  So I am going to pull out an undated poem to break up this cluster of subpar drivel.  This poem is really old.  I might have posted it before, somewhere.  I don't know.  I'm depressing my current self with my past self right now.  Hopefully I can turn things around over the next few days.  If not, I'm going to have to come back to this when I am feeling stronger and more confident.  😅

Look at the faces
See the radiant smiles
Covering the deepening frowns
See the twinkling eyes
Hiding old and new tears
See the innocent expressions 
Darkened by the knowledge of sin

Listen to the voices
Hear the boisterous laughter
Tinged with malignant malice
Hear the lighthearted happiness
With a hint of terminal anger
Hear the sweet whispered promises
Over the cry of now broken ones

Now sniff the air
Smell the perfumed lady
Her natural scent of pain
Smell the crisp, cool clean
Underneath is sickness
Smell the fragrant flowers
Mingling with the stench of death

Sample the elements
Taste the solid earth
And gulp the open air
Taste the sobering rain
And then digest dry land
Taste the burning fire
And swallow frozen ice

Finally, touch the world
Feel the beating hearts
Of young and old alike
Feel the rhythmic breathing
Of the world, a living being
Feel the soothing, striking motion
Of perpetual emotion



No comments:

Post a Comment