Friday, January 22, 2021

Diary of a Heartbreak: Entry Five

 He showed-up at my work today.  We have glass doors so I saw him.  I pretended not to, even though he saw me see him.  He sat down to wait.  I called the front desk and asked them to tell him whatever he had he could just leave, that I didn't want to see him.

He waited out front.  One of the guys told me.  I snuck out the back door.

I came home and watched a sad movie.  I decided to call him, to tell him to leave me alone.  When he tried to speak, I screamed at him that he has no right to speak to me.  I screamed and cried for a few minutes.  I told him what Nexen had said, in his truck he let me borrow, on the way to his house that fateful day.  Then I hung-up.

A dear friend from an old job texted.  Her thinking of me fortified me.  I keep being reminded how blessed I am.  How many beautiful people I know who have shared their love and their lives with me.  I am not a garbage person.  I do not need to keep people in my life who treat me like trash.

I just have to keep reminding myself.

There remains a part of me that wishes I could have amnesia so I could be blissfully happy in his arms again.  But I just keep reminding myself, it wasn't real.  It wasn't real.  Which hurts each time I remember, but living a lie hurts far more.

My puzzle is still in its shrink wrap.  But I will open it tomorrow and begin.  Tonight, however, I need food, or rest, or both.

I am, however, proud of myself for not bringing home any alcohol or other to ease this pain.  Or staying out somewhere now that restaurants are open again.  I belong here, in my home, healing and grieving.  The old me, the pre-Adonis, would not have made this choice.  So here, once again, I am thankful.

And I will go to sleep with love, gratitude, pain, and sadness in my heart.  And I wish my former love a good night as well.  And a good rest of his life.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment