Tuesday, June 13, 2017

What Hurts the Most

Is
Every insult
You could add
To my injury
You did

Knowing you
Has been
And continues
To be
The most painful
Experience
Of my life

Also
The most humbling

Who am I
To know
The way to my son's happiness

Who am I
To understand
Where his best interests lay

Who am I
To dare
Dream of a world

Where I can hug my child
Goodbye
And then hello
Every
Freaking
Day

I'm shattered
Again
Congratulations

My only consolation
Is that I know
By now
When I put myself
Back together
I will
Be even stronger
And more beautiful
Than before

Wield your hammer of destruction
Go ahead
Keep breaking me apart
And grinding
My broken bits
Into dust

You do you

I use my hammer to build
And I believe that Nexen
Will always
Be bigger
Than both of us


No comments:

Post a Comment