Sunday, June 5, 2011

What comes to mind

This morning my musical and mental meanderings take me back in time just a few years to this song:




And this old poem:

Writing myself happy

As I sit
As I stare
As my office
Morphs into my lair
As my professional
Self
Disintegrates
And I feel
A little
Wild
Today
Not in a
CrazySexyCool
Way
But in a
Primal
And
Unencumbered
Way

In a way
Which makes me feel
Perhaps
I would like
To rip flesh
From bones
With my teeth
And roll naked
In mud puddles
And undulate
Wildly
In the pouring rain
To the sound
Of thunder
With
Flashes
Of lightening
Enlightening
My stagnant mind

I would like
To climb trees
And swing from branches
And take chances
Which will set me free

I would like to
Devour
The earth
And be
Engulfed
By fire
Then ride
The wind
To my
Watery
Grave

I would like
To crack my skull
Open
After jumping
Off a cliff
And feel
My medulla oblongata
Separate from my spinal cord
Creating a cessation of feeling
Between my brain
And my body

But here comes
My professional self
To stymy
My imaginings
And I
Will have
To go
Do work
Now

No comments:

Post a Comment