Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Believe It or Not

You
Are the love of my life
I want to get lost
In the beginning of you
And the end of me
As our lives
Continue to grow
Together
I want to know your smile
As my morning nourishment
As the music of your laughter
Sings to my soul
I want only to ease
Any pain or hardship you feel
Not be the cause of it.

I want our love
To walk
Hand in hand
With our sacrifice
Stand on its shoulders
If need be
Not
Be lost beneath its feet

You
Breathed new life
Into my battered heart
Jumpstarted
The dead battery
of Hope
for romantic Love
Rekindled the fire
Between my thighs
Within my chest

With you
I was taken
To new heights
Navigated
New lows
And found
There in between
Was home

Thank you
For your time
Your patience
Your respect
Your love
Thank you
For being you
I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment