Wednesday, December 12, 2018

If I...

If I were a speaker of words
I would tell you
That every day
I feel so grateful
To have you in my life

If I were a doer of things
I would do all I could
To show you
The love I hold
In my heart
For you

If I were a great cook
I would create a new dish
Every day
In honor
Of your existence

If I were an artist
I would create a masterpiece
Such that no one has ever seen
To capture
The feeling
Of being cared for, by you

If I were a woman of means
I would support you
And your dreams
So you would have
One less worry

If I were a magician
I would make my flaws
Disappear
So I could embody
Your perfect woman
So your love for me
Would never expire

Alas,
I am only Mee
I am not a speaker of words
A doer of things
A great cook
An artist
And especially not
A woman of means
Or
A magician

So I know
My expiration will stand
It makes me sad
But I guess
Also
Keeps me in line
Even though
You probably can’t tell
I do try
With all my heart
I try
Yet
I am aware
Trying is not enough
For you
Nor should it be
You deserve the best
And I fall well short of that
I am aware.



No comments:

Post a Comment