Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I miss you

In the darkness
Of the night
I long for you
In my line of sight
When I reach out
And you are there
It's a feeling
Beyond compare
And I share
The unfairness
Of it all
In the moments
Between
When I wake up
Next to you
And close my eyes
Again
With your image
The last thing
In view
And I feel
Things unravel
In those moments
Between
And I feel
Things
Unravel
In these moments
Between

But I
Am stronger
Than I realize
Most days
And I
Am stronger
Than you
Realize
And my love
Is stronger
Than you
Could possibly
Know
So we'll just
Keep coming together
And see
Where it goes

And I know
You want things
I can't offer
Right now
But I know
You want things
I will offer
When the time
Is right
So if we keep
The fear
At bay
If we love
Through
The lonely
Days
We could know
A new happiness
And I could write
Of the fullness
Of our love
Of the completeness
Of our life
Together
Instead

No comments:

Post a Comment