Thursday, November 3, 2016

(T)his Morning

This morning
Is gray
The air
Is chilled
But not
To discomfort
My steps
Are quiet
Unimposing
My thoughts
Gentle
Like mist

I like
Their weight
This morning
Closer
To buoyant
Than I
Can really
Remember
Them being
Lately
(Except
That weekend)
I digress....

The shadows
Are missing
Because
The sunlight
Is not here
To play

My heart
Is light
Because
I realized
I am only
Positioned
To win
No matter what

Unless
Of course
Love
Is a spider
Once again
Spinning
Its web of lies
Around my heart

But
If that
Were
Truly
The case
Would I
Feel
So light?
So free?

I think not
For I do
Remember
The weight
Of the lies
The clouds
Of torment
In his eyes
From time
To time

It's sad
(I know)
That when
I write
Of love
He
Invades
Like
A disease
And steals
My beautiful thoughts
Coloring them
The shade of fear

But
This
Is a process
This
Learning
To love
Anew

Demolishing
The (reinforced) fortress
Protecting
Mee

Trusting
The future
To be
Anything
It wants
To be

My catharsis
Cleared
The melancholy
Anchored
The joy
Of knowing you
Deep
Into Mee

And
On this
Gloomy morning
The light
Shines
From inside
The light
Named
T

No comments:

Post a Comment