Saturday, March 18, 2023

Saturday Morning Melancholy

I am lost
And everything hurts
I’m back at the start
All the endings stacked
So that I can’t see
Have no desire to look
For new beginnings

I am alone
My brain knows I am not
But my heart cries out
YES YOU ARE

And the quiet morning 
Echoes my loneliness 

And the solitary tear
Threatens to drop
Even as I hold it back
Afraid of a floodgate

Steeped in pain
Drenched in sadness
I force motivation 
Into my limbs
Get dressed
Go to work
Wear that smile
So my pain doesn’t spread 

Hate myself for continuing 
Hate myself for wanting to be dead
Hate myself for hurting
Hate myself for not wanting to heal

Can I force my arms to open
And accept the beauty
In my life

Can I force my mind to open
And hold happiness
Over strife

Can I force my heart to open 
I just don’t think
I can 

No comments:

Post a Comment