Thursday, May 5, 2022

Day One Hundred Twenty-Five: 05/05/2012 and 05/05/2018

 Okay, so I found two entries from today and I like them both so I am posting them both.  First is my letter to Nex from the day after he was born.  Second is a poem I wrote with Marx.  I think maybe that was when we were visiting the Poconos or somewhere like that but I could be wrong.  The poem was of the form where I wrote two lines, then covered the first line and he wrote two lines based off of my second line.  Then he covered up to his first line, and I wrote the next two lines based off of his line, and so on and so forth.  His lines are the ones in italics.

05/05/2012
6:41 am

Nexen,

I am listening to you breathe as I write this.  You are a little over 10 hours old.  You are perfect.  Everything feels fine now that you are here.  I feel oddly emotionally grounded (at the moment!).  I told your father he could see you today.  I've had no reply yet but I imagine he will come see you.

    You were so strong and brave yesterday!  You are very calm and well adjusted, all things considered.  I can't even believe I'm getting the chance to write you already!

    I love you my baby water dragon.

                                                                                                                    Mama


05/05/2018

In the autumnal sunshine
I picked a tree
A symbol for myself
Inspiration for what I want to be
Calls to me
From the wilderness
Approaches a hunter
Seeking sustenance
My soul grows toward the sun
And my body
Remains unexplored
But the price is costly
So the decision is a struggle
And the answer
Festers within me
Spreading like cancer
Or the wings of a full grown dragon
The eternal question remains
How do I survive 
And what will I maintain
When the truth
Is at the bottom of the bottle
At the top of a mountain
Or the end of a throttle




No comments:

Post a Comment