Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Thanks

I am not so naive
As to think
No one
Has ever loved
Like this
Before

I am not
So naive
As to think
No one
Has ever
Been hurt
Like this
Before

This fact
Does not
Invalidate
What I am going through
Quite
The opposite
In fact

Throughout history
The pain
The suffering
Of humankind
Has been a bridge
To connect
Our souls, bodies and minds

In my pain
Desperation
Isolation
I do the one thing
I would never do
Otherwise

I reach out
I connect
And I find
Myself
Inspired
By the beauty
Of my friends
And family

I find
Myself
In awe
Of all
That surrounds me

I may not
Be saying
Thank you
To him
But I do
Say thank you
To the universe
For its bounty
And the opportunity
To see
And the humility
To accept
And the people
Whose love
Is so true
And unconditional

Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment