Tuesday, September 19, 2017

My Tears


Maybe
One has your name

Maybe
It's more than one

Maybe
They are for lost love

Maybe
They are for love I never had

Maybe
They are for the loneliness
That wakes me
At 3:00 a.m.
To hold its hand
And remind me
How empty
My bed feels
At 3:00 a.m.

Maybe
They are for the children
Disappointed
Because their life
Their home
Their mother
Is not beautiful
Like on TV
Or in the movies

Maybe
They are for the stress
Of a day
That begins before dawn
And doesn't end
Until, exhausted
And defeated
I fall into bed
For those precious few hours
Of unconsciousness
Before Loneliness
Wakes me again

Maybe
They are for gratitude
Because despite all the mess
My life is not empty
And despite all the drama
I still have friends
And despite myself
I am. Still. Here.




No comments:

Post a Comment