Monday, January 16, 2012

Zelda's!

Quite unexpectedly, I made it to another Zelda's.  It was one of those days which started off in one direction, and ended in another state entirely.  I can't help but feel it was just meant to be like that.  I brought my children with me but they were not so into the writing assignment.  They participated and all, but it's clear they need a few more workshops.  I am happy that they were there, however, and got to meet some beautiful people who have been very important to me over the years and be a part of the workings of some of the most beautiful minds I know.

We did a word list poem.  Cousin Jodi supplied the theme, "Kids".  Our word list was as follows:

beginnings
cousins
growth
abacus
unspoiled
surplus
pigs
absence
exploration
truth telling
unfiltered
candy
unfettered
cruel
caboose
love

This is my poem:

In the beginning
There was love
Unfettered
Unfiltered
Unspoiled
It was the exploration
Of an entirely new world for me
Sweet like candy
His absence
Left holes like cavities

In the end
The truth was told
Cruel
And cold
Perhaps love and hate
Are cousins
Family
Or perhaps
All men are pigs

Either way
This love train
Ran me over
Crushed my heart
And parked its caboose
In my soul

Lucky for me
I've come to recognize
Endings
As beginnings
Pain
As growth
And children
As another chance to live

No comments:

Post a Comment