Thursday, March 24, 2011

Friends in Need

I connect with people through the internet far more successfully than I do in person.  Through blip.fm, for example, I've become friends with some wonderful people who have become very important in my life.  Recently I traveled to San Francisco to meet one such person.

I have varying degrees of contact with the members of my blip family, but I consider them all just that, family.  So when I saw that the great ladypn was looking for a kidney donor for her brother, Kevin Bartley, I immediately started clicking away.  As a result, I have an appointment next Wednesday to see if I'm a match.  I do have a rare blood type, so I'm not the most valuable kind of donor, but there's no harm in trying. 

Anyway I have to go do some work now.  Just wanted to put this out there while it's on my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Mee Jong! That's exactly how I feel about blip-like family!

    You're an angel for even wanting to help!

    ReplyDelete